Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My final relflections on Baw2010

I had wanted to take a course like this for about two years, but I didn’t know which one, where or how. I’ve been actively teaching English for almost 28 years and I like to be updated. Now I think I deserve to work out less and more from my home, so I decided to use the Internet for such purpose. I’ve been designing and evaluating course materials lately via Internet. I want to teach in-company courses in the morning and work from home in the afternoons. From a friend’s mail, I read about EVO and Baw2010 and decided to sign up. I must admit I was a little lost at the beginning, but I continued working and gained more confidence each day with a little help from my new friends, looking at the work of other bawers, and the guidance of our splendid team of moderators I gained more insight of the course.

These last six weeks were intense and very rich at the same time. I tried to finish on time, always catching up and feeling tired but happy at the end of the day. I didn’t imagine I would share with so many nice people from around the world. I felt the support of fellow bawers as well of moderators. The presenters were very well prepared and their live sessions very informative. I feel I have finally found the course I had wanted to take for the last two years. Now, it’s time for completing pending tasks, reviewing my own work as well as others’, and continuing trying tools and applications. I didn’t really see all bawers’ creations, but I’ll have time to do that little by little. I didn’t do all the tasks, but I’ll do that eventually. It is good to know we can continue accessing Baw2010 pages throughout the year. I’m going to put into practice what I learned and make my classes more interactive with blended learning. I’m going to explore all platforms presented in deep and start using Google apps. I want to keep in contact with all the wonderful people I met during this workshop and hope we meet again in future Baw events. Despite the hard work and short time, I liked everything and have no suggestion but to encourage Bawers to spread the word and continue with this fantastic project. I’m very happy to have signed up for this course and want to join the Webheads in Action. I’m looking forward to Baw2011 and will invite some of my colleagues to join me in this joyful ride.

I met people from many countries I was not familiar with. It was not hard work all the time, so I also had time to socialize a little and created accounts at I want to thank all Bawers for their contact, but I want to acknowledge Chaouki, Anne Sue, Arja and Maria Lujano's support. I also want to congratulate and thank all moderators (Week 1: Anisoara and Elizabeth, Week 2: Jose Antonio, Larissa, Week 3: Sharon and Mbarek, Week 4: Evelyn and Katya, Week 5: Fernanda and Helen, Week 6: Hala and Maru), for always being there. I also want to congratulate and thank Dafne and Teresa for their good job and support. I am grateful to Baw2010 organizers and EVO.

I couldn’t finish without thanking you readers and followers. I hope you have enjoyed reading about my ride on Baw2010 and join us next year as participants, moderators or lurkers. I’d also appreciate your having a look at my activities, quizzes and surveys. I’ll be looking forward to your comments!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Belkis,
    I am really happy to know you enjoyed baw so much. As you said, we sometimes feel overwhelmed, but at the end we are always so happy to see much we learned. I am also addicted to baw, because I always learn lots from this course and it is also so rewarding to read feedback from participants.
    Hugs from Brazil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Belkis,
    You did a great job during the Baw10 session and have successfully become a Webhead, congratulations! As a Venezuelan and a Webhead, I am so proud of you. Welcome to our Wonderful Web World (WWW)!
    Hugs,
    Evelyn from Caracas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Belkis,
    I'm an English teacher from Macedonia, a small country in the South of Europe, and joined BAW last year.This year I joined, too, but not much time to do the tasks, unfortunately.
    Good for you ,about all what have you done.
    I've learned a lot, but also too much to learn, yet.
    What I have learned are in this blogs:
    http://debunkstereotypes-macedonia.blogspot.com/
    http://debunkstereotypesmk.wordpress.com/
    Regards and keep working!
    Biljana,
    Skopje,
    Macedonia

    ReplyDelete